Dynamic variables

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Jul 31 16:05:35 EDT 2000

In article <75F7304BB41CD411B06600A0C98414FCB3682C at ORSMSX54>,
Daley, Mark W <mark.w.daley at intel.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to create variables on the fly, like in a loop?  I
>want to be able to build a set of check buttons in a GUI I'm writing, and
>each check button needs a different variable, I think, to determine which
>ones are checked.  I want to use a for loop to iterate over a list to build
>the check buttons, but I don't know the contents or length of the list.  Any
>ideas?

Use a dictionary.  If that's not clear, I'll be less terse next time.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

NOTE: end of September, Earthlink kills Netcom.  My new permanent address is
aahz at pobox.com.  I have not decided where to set my primary shell account.
Please do not send me e-mail condolences; my mailbox is already too big.