NT4 shortcuts and import

Andy Freeman anamax at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 14 21:19:33 EDT 2000

I'd like to use a shortcut named, say, "src", from the current
directory to a directory somewhere else and then use "import src.foo".
The problem is that NT4 thinks that the shortcut is named "src"
but Python thinks that the shortcut is named "src.lnk".  Note that
I can't use "import src.lnk.foo" because the first "." is interpreted
as a directory name separator, not a part of the "src.lnk" module
name.

(1) How do I get Python to use "src" as the module name?
(2) How do I escape "." in variable names?

I'm using Python 1.5.

thanks,
-andy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/