zip or marry etc

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Wed Jul 19 19:04:17 EDT 2000

Gareth McCaughan wrote:

> Aahz Maruch wrote:
>
> [Olivier Dagenais:]
> >> "twist", "merge", "smash", "glue", "dna", "ladder", "join", "match",
> >> "collect", "pick", "lineup"???
> >
> > I like "merge".

The ladder/rungs concept was most intuitive for me.

> Nooooo. "Merge" is what you do to [1,3,5] and [2,4,6] to get
> [1,2,3,4,5,6]. (What it means when you give it [3,1,2] and ["a",[],1+2j]
> is slightly less clear, perhaps...)

I already have a function that does this in my handy shaetools module,
for me it will always be interleave.

Random request: could anyone who doesn't mind sharing their Python
toolbox either post it to the newsgroup or email it to me?
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.webwitches.com/~shae/
VirtualPairProgramming Wanted - Linux/Emacs/Python/Speak Freely