MySQL, mSQL, or other database

Anders Eriksson ame at swipnet.se
Fri Jul 28 17:04:45 EDT 2000

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:36:50 GMT, "Adam Durity"
<fatman40k at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a website hosted by a WPP and they will provide me with Access
>database support for an additional $10 a month.  I'm on a fairly tight
>budget so is there any way i can use MySQL, mSQL, or another database
>package to handle a smple SQL database without a DSN.  BTW, i am a newbie to
>all this stuff.  Thanks in advance, Adam.

Hello Adam!

There is an another problem which the others didn't mention ;-)

To use an SQL database you need to be able to run a 'permanent'
process. i.d. the SQL server must run even if you aren't loged in.
This is my problem! My ISP will not let me run any process if I'm not
logged in, which means I can't use a SQL server database.

So I'm using Metakit instead. It's a file based database and it will
not understand SQL but it will give me (and you) the database
facillity we want.

http://www.equi4.com/metakit/

// Anders