Help! example DLL crashes Python on NT

James C. Ahlstrom jim at interet.com
Mon Jul 31 09:07:47 EDT 2000

Ed Stauff wrote:

> When I try to import the example DLL on Windows NT, I get an
> "Application Error" dialog for python.exe (with the usual unreadable
> hex junk), and then python quits after printing "Fatal Python error:
> PyThreadState_Get: no current thread".  I typed "import example"
> right after launching Python.

A couple things to try:

Make sure the DLL is linked against the same python15.lib
as is used for python.exe.  Mixed DLL versions can cause
problems.

Use VC "Depends" to see exactly which DLLs are needed
by your DLL and by python.exe.  Make sure they are there.

Make sure you linked the C runtime "Multithread DLL",
not some other C runtime.

Jim Ahlstrom