Again: ODBC / Win98 -> crash

Matthias Huening matthias.huening at univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 3 10:20:47 EDT 2000

Some days ago I posted a problem with ODBC on my Win98-machine. I thought
that it could be the win32-ODBC module that caused the crash I reported, so
I switched to Marc-Andre Lemburg's mxODBC module. To keep it simple I give
a minimal example (where dsn is a valid dsn):

>>> import ODBC.Windows
>>> db = ODBC.Windows.Connect(dsn)
>>> db.close()

Up to here, everything is fine. No problems so far.
But when I do it again:

>>> db = ODBC.Windows.Connect(dsn)

I get an immediate crash of Python.

My (German) version of Win98 tells me:

   PYTHONW verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite
   in Modul ODBCJT32.DLL bei 015f:04c0ac36.

It seems like something isn't closed properly when I do db.close().
Any suggestions?

Matthias