print format

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Tue Jul 25 20:56:16 EDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:47:44 -0700, Curtis Jensen wrote:
>I don't know if this is possible in python but, Is there a way to repeat
>a format command a spceified number of times?  For example, in Fortran
>there is the format code "20I5"  Which is the same as "I5" twenty
>times.  I want something like:
>print '20(%i5) ' % [list of 20 intgers]

Perhaps

 print (20*"%5i ") % [list of 20 integers]

will work for you.  The multiplier on the string repeats it 20 times.
This lets you do things like:

 list = [list of 'n' integers]
 print (len(list)*"%5i ") % list

>Also, how do I print without a new line other than using
>sys.stdout.write?

Why?  Is there something in specific you're trying to avoid?  (Yes, it's
possible, but it's not pretty.)

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley