POP3 server in Python?

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Sun Jul 23 23:59:09 EDT 2000

In article <7ijmnsc8u9qeg1h8rjbr77k2085kqktgq5 at 4ax.com>, John Lull
<lull at acm.org> wrote:

> I find myself in need of a simple POP3 server written in Python.  It
> does *not* need to handle multiple clients at one time, and
> performance is not an issue.  Anyone know if one's available?

John,
Yes, there is one. In fact, there are probably at least two since I
seem to recall a post here a while ago in which someone said that he
had a POP server and maybe something else running under Sam Rushing's
cool async modules.

I have one that's part of a bunch of stuff that I've been experimenting
with. It's distinctly not ready for prime time and some of the other
stuff in the package has already been superseded. I had meant to make
it public when it was a little more mature but that won't be for a
while. The only documentation is the code and it's a good thing that
performance isn't an issue for you since it's meant to be run under
[x]inetd. Oh, and it only works with Maildirs. It may be very slightly
more useful to you than nothing at all, so I've just stuck a GPL in the
directory, tarred it up, and uploaded it to

http://www.visi.com/~mdc/mondomail.tar.gz

If you find bugs, I'd be glad to know about them.

Regards,
Matt