Public Key Encryption?

Stephen Hansen stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com
Thu Jul 6 18:51:10 EDT 2000

    I've discovered that I have the desire to 'secure' the communications
between different portions of my application. After looking around, the only
things available that I found were (awk/mx)Crypto, which sit on top of
SSLeay and/or OpenSSL. They are all fine and dandy, but on the webpages at
least, they don't list the capability to handle Public Key Encryption. I
only see symetric encryption algorithms listed.

    I glanced, briefly, at Pisces, but it seems to be overkill, if it would
apply at all. Didn't look too closely.

    Is there any wrappers/implementations of a Public Key system in python?
I was idly thinking about either wrapping the PGP dll's that Network
Associates puts out, or just the portions of the
(on-the-web-appearing-less-nicely-documented) OpenSSL package that I need.

Thanks,

--Stephen