Python in game development?

Andreas Koch akoch at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 18 18:02:14 EDT 2000

Mallor schrieb:

> Are any of you game developers out there using Python as your game engine's
> embedded scripting language?  I am wondering what drove your decision to use
> Python instead of other embeddable scripting languages?  I'd like to hear what
> your overriding concerns were, and also what they are now, having put Python to
> the test.

Don't know if this helps you much, but the freeware roquelike
"Pernangband"
uses Python as scripting language.

I thought about using scripting in one of my future games, and i guess
i would have used it (seems quite a nice language, from the limited
knowledge if have about it) if i didn't decide that scripting would
be probably too slow for my case...

                                                                Andreas