raw socket exapmle?

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Fri Jul 14 10:24:28 EDT 2000

Does anybody know where I can find an example of how to
send/receive raw Ethernet frames?   The C examples I've found
use either AF_INET/SOCK_PACKET or PF_PACKET/SOCK_RAW.

The socket module doesn't support SOCK_PACKET or PF_PACKET, so
I'm trying to use AF_INET/SOCK_RAW.  I can't figure out the
format of the address string to pass to bind() to select the
ethernet interface to use.

Any pointers?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Go on, EMOTE! I
                                  at               was RAISED on thought