Traping output from os.system

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Jul 3 19:30:34 EDT 2000

> Any chance that a future update to the extensions will be able to
> return the result code of the child process on a close(), as
> os.popen() does?

Unlikely that Bill or I will look into this.  The problem is that the file
object doesnt know anything about the popen child process.

Personally, I would prefer to _remove_ win32pipe.popen's implementation,
and re-write it in pure-python using the raw win32pipe functions - just to
prove we can :-) And also so it would be easier to hack to do this sort of
stuff, or cloned for "custom" requirements, etc.

Mark.