DB-API and Sybase

Paul Boddie paulb at infercor.no
Fri Jul 14 12:42:52 EDT 2000

Eric Hopper wrote:

> Posted this in the wrong place previously.  Oops.  *embarassed look*
>
> Does anybody know where I can find a DB-API connection to Sybase?  I've
> been looking, but it's not at at all clear where a recent version actually
> is.

The 'ctsybasemodule' apparently resides at the following URL:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/pgodman/

Whilst 'ctsybasemodule' is rather nice, I found it insufficient for my purposes
(no "bind variables" in SQL statements) and decided on mxODBC instead:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/mxODBC.html

If you decide to pursue that option, I would suggest looking at my ODBC
resources page:

  http://www.crosswinds.net/~pboddie/Python/mxODBC.html

I managed to get mxODBC working with Adaptive Server Anywhere and Adaptive
Server Enterprise, but with the recent announcement of zxJDBC you could use
JPython and Sybase's jConnect software instead:

  http://www.ziclix.com/zxjdbc/
  http://www.jpython.org
  http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/

Regards,