Anyone used Python for GPIB instrument control?

europax at home.com europax at home.com
Sat Jul 8 15:55:57 EDT 2000

Thanks for replying.  I found some Python code that uses WinDLL from the
DynWin package to control GPIB.  I am going to try that first.  I think
that the Perl people are using a wrapper for the National Instruments
gpib-32.dll.  I wonder if I can use that wrapper as-is?

I want to get something that is at least operational real fast.  So I
can do some Python programming.  For some reason whenever I have to
learn a new programming language, I always have to do something really
esoteric from the start :)   Hopefully later on I can learn to use swig.

Rob.