retrieveing mail from a pop3 account

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jul 27 20:44:02 EDT 2000

In article <ZW3g5.13990$4p3.108606 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>The pop server should probably fail when asking for message 0, but there
>may be a reason why it doesnt - Ive never read the relevant RFC in detail.
>
>Mark.

It's 1939 <URL:http://sunsite.auc.dk/RFC/rfc/rfc1939.html>.

As I read it, conformant servers are required to announce
  -ERR no such message
for such out-of-bounds requests as 0.  They don't, though;
that is, the first one I examined (a very popular POPper)
gives a different message, but *does* return no content for
zero.  I know others have still other behavior.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net