Flushing sdtout

Aaron Ginn aaron.ginn at motorola.com
Fri Jul 7 14:06:22 EDT 2000

Aaron Ginn <aaron.ginn at motorola.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, it does not print the string in the raw_input statement
> until the user has selected from the menu.  Thus the output looks like
> this:
>
> 1
> Enter type of DRC to run from menu -->
>
> I want the string printed to stdout before the user has to make a
> selection.  Is there a way to do this?

Just to clarify, I an running the python script from within a csh
wrapper so that I can direct the output to a logfile via a tee
statement.  Here is the wrapper script:

#!/bin/csh -f

if (-f ./semiDRC.log) then
    /home/ginn/bin/semiDRC $* | tee -a ./semiDRC.log
else
    /home/ginn/bin/semiDRC $* | tee ./semiDRC.log
endif

Thanks,
Aaron

--
Aaron J. Ginn                     Motorola SPS
Phone: (480) 814-4463             SemiCustom Solutions