POOP / Python (Object Oriented Persistence) ?

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 04:36:18 EDT 2000

I love the Python world - grumble and it shall be (have been) solved (but
only if the problem is sufficiently difficult)...

I wrote:
> > One of the interests of the people in Glasgow is how one
> > copes with data that may be distributed over many computers[...]

Martijn Faassen replied:
> > Zope's ZEO is going into this area[...]

and then Jim Fulton shows how cool ZODB and company really are by pointing
to a paper (http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZEO/QuorumBasedReplication) on the
same sort of thing. Damn time machines, that's what it is (it couldn't just
be very clever people, could it?)

I'm definitely going to have to try out ZODB (after our holiday), and I'll
keep an eye out for the separate installer. Although, to be honest, I do
have a feeling that after someone has installed ZODB, there's quite a good
chance they'll also later want some of the rest of Zope to handle reports,
etc. But that's cool.

Sometimes (admittedly rarely) I wish I lived in the States, 'cos then I
could get paid to work on things like this!

Tibs
--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
Feet first with 5 wheels...