The State of Python

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Jul 28 02:50:38 EDT 2000

[Chris Lawrence]
> I hope BeOpen and/or CNRI are keeping RMS in the loop on this
> one, as I think that was the problem that led to the
> neverending QPL squabble.

While we can't say much yet, I can assure you that BeOpen is strongly
committed to GPL compatibility for the new Python license.  From that you
can probably draw inferences that are at least fundamentally correct <wink>.

Note that the current JPython license is not GPL compatible.  We'd sure like
to see that change.  But *retaining* CPython's GPL compatibility is the
first goal, and not one BeOpen is likely to compromise on.

world-weary-ly y'rs  - tim