creating windows plugin module with VC++.

Sean Hummel <seanh@unforgettable.com> seanh at unforgettable.com
Wed Jul 19 19:28:17 EDT 2000

Are there any examples of making a plugin using the VC++ compiler?  I am
having problems when attempting to define a class object.

The following code:
static	PyTypeObject	fwaddressType=
{
	PyObject_HEAD_INIT(&PyType_Type) // <-OFFENDING LINE OF CODE
	0,
	"fwaddress",
	sizeof(fwaddress),
	0,

	/* Standard Methods */
	(destructor)fwaddress_dealloc,
	(printfunc)0,
	(getattrfunc)fwaddress_getattr,
	(setattrfunc)0,
	(cmpfunc)0,
	(reprfunc)	 fwaddress_repr,

	/* Type categories */
	0,
	0,
	0,
	0,
	0,
	0
};

Gives me the following error:

D:\phoenix\python\pydh.c(463) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant

I am not really sure how to get around this error. I was assuming that
this would have been taken care of in the python headers.

		   "Nonsense.
     Space is blue and birds fly through it."
                --  Heisenberg