Python in game development?

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Thu Jul 20 01:23:50 EDT 2000

As a minor note, my version of micro-threads there is fairly old, my most
recent version is available at http://members.home.com/mcfletch/programming/
.  It includes a considerable number of bug fixes versus uthread6.py .  The
differences between the various modules are rather esoteric.  My work was
primarily focused on making suspended threads more efficient.  Similarly
functional changes were then made to an older version of the code, but
neither of these newer versions has been officially "blessed".

I use micro-threads extensively in programming multi-user systems,
particularly collaborative virtual environments.  In effect, the
micro-threading allows me to create remote procedure call systems which
simply suspend the micro-thread until the response is received from the
remote system (with potentially thousands of simultaneous calls).  This
approach demands more efficient sleeping, hence my altered version of the
library.

Caveat: Unless someone has fixed the bug without reporting it, all of the
micro-threads systems currently share a memory leak, it has not become
critical for my applications as of yet.

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike