Please help... with re

Gilles Lenfant glt at e-pack.net
Wed Jul 26 17:33:59 EDT 2000

Hi,

I made an horrid 68 lines monster to split a string to a list of
substrings based on following example:

This is an "example of a \"splitted\" text " by my monster.

results to this list:

[ 'This' , 'is' , 'an' , 'example of a "splitted" text ' , 'by' , 'my' ,
'monster' ]

But the stuff is too slow to parse the lines of giant log files.
I would like to use "re" package to make a shorter and faster script but
understanding its patterns/methods is not in my poor brain capabilities.

I have burned my last neurons to try to do it, and I'm close to the edge
of a nervous breakdown.
Who can help me to get it at work ?

Many, many thanks in advance !

Gilles Lenfant