Anyone used IP multicast (demo/sockets/mcast.py) on NT? I'm gett ing a WSAEFAULT error

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Mon Jul 10 13:07:32 EDT 2000

Multicast (C++) applications do work on this machine, but mcast.py is
exiting with:

D:\bin\lang\Python\Demo\sockets>mcast -s
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "D:\bin\lang\Python\Demo\sockets\mcast.py", line 94, in ?
    main()
  File "D:\bin\lang\Python\Demo\sockets\mcast.py", line 25, in main
    sender(flags[0])
  File "D:\bin\lang\Python\Demo\sockets\mcast.py", line 39, in sender
    s.setsockopt(IPPROTO_IP, IP_MULTICAST_TTL, ttl)
  File "<string>", line 1, in setsockopt
socket.error: (10014, 'winsock error')

Which the windows socket docs seem to indicate is likely a malformed
structure or an invalid argument.  I'm not sure where that would come from
(I'm rather new to multicast :) ).  Anyone know what's going on?

Advice appreciated,
Mike