How does Python compare to ?

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat Jul 29 02:31:54 EDT 2000

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Frank Kruchio wrote:

> Specifically I couldn't find any info on how does Python compared(if you can) to PHP.
> They are both open source, right ?

Yes.

> I looked at the syntax of both languages and I need someones opinion who knows both and can give me
> an _unbiased_ view on this.

Then why did you ask here? There are few enough unbiased people here.

> What about Python versus Java Servlets for CGI applications ?

Why use CGI? Its time is long past. If anything, you should compare

Apache/PHP vs. Enhydra/Java vs. Zope/Python

as modern days site building tools. Each has its own advantages and
disadvantages.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.