Small learning project

The Henry's jdhenry at ismi.net
Wed Jul 19 15:05:07 EDT 2000

[posted and mailed]
Paul Prescod wrote:

> Anyone looking for a few hours of work as a Python learning opportunity?
> I have a simple text processing problem which is relatively interesting
> because it will give you a chance to learn about some Python internals
> (without requiring you to already be an expert in them). I would do it
> myself but I'm supposed to be working on a book.
>
> [snip]
>
> There's no deadline on the project but its only a few hours so if you
> can't get to it for a while, better to leave it to someone who can do it
> in the next week.
>
> If you are interested, contact me. I've got some URLs and ideas on the
> best approach to help you to achieve maximum productivity.
> --
>  Paul Prescod - Not encumbered by corporate consensus
> Just how compassionate can a Republican get before he has to leave the
> GOP and join Vegans for Global Justice? ... One moment, George W. Bush
> is holding a get-to-know-you meeting with a bunch of gay Republicans.
> The next he is holding forth on education or the environment ... It is
> enough to make a red-blooded conservative choke on his spotted-owl
> drumstick.     - April 29th, Economist

Paul,

If you haven't found anybody yet, I'd be interested in woking on this.
I've been using Python casually for a while now, and I think this will
fit my skill level quite well. It sounds like all the heavy lifting is
already done anyway. And, as a bonus, I'll have some time available
over the next week or so.

Please let me know how to proceed.
Thanks,
Jeff Henry.