Missing OmPyUnit module in OmPyUnit

robin and jim robinjim at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 1 11:43:15 EDT 2000

Hello Doug,

To get OmPyUnit to work on my system, I had to do the following:

- add a file called __init__.py to the OmPyUnit folder (directory)
      From the Packages section of the Python (1.5) tutorial ...
      "
      The "__init__.py" files are required to make Python treat the
directories as containing packages; this is done to prevent directories with
a common name, such as "string", from unintentionally hiding valid modules
that occur later on the module search path. In the simplest case,
"__init__.py" can just be an empty file, but it can also execute
initialization code for the package or set the __all__ variable, described
later.
      "
- download and install a package called Pmw and add it to my Python path
      This package apparently provides higher-level widgets for Tk.
OmPyUnit imports Pmw.

I have also noted, that at least on my Win 98 system, I can't edit the test
suite file (not the module being tested) while the testing framework is
running because it has a lock on the test file.

I learned all of the above by solving each problem, as it was encountered,
while trying to use OmPyUnit.

Doug Fort <dougfort at downright.com> wrote in message
news:0hk75.10271$HD6.284269 at iad-read.news.verio.net...
> We've been using Steve Purcell's PyUnit from SourceForge.  It's limited,
but
> reliable.  I'm attempting to investigate OmPyUnit as an alternative.  It
> seems to offer more functionality, plus I have great respect for
> ObjectMentor ands Robert Martin.
>
> However, the package I downloaded seems to be missing a module:
OmPyUnit.