Test framework of choice?

Mitchell Morris mmorris at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 24 14:09:26 EDT 2000

In the course of finding a reasonably standard-ish test framework, I found
a curiousity: <URL:http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm> reports three
separate implementations for Python. It appears from my cursory reading
that either Bob Martin's OmPyUnit or Stephen Purcell's pyunit would be the
preferred mechanism, but I can't be sure. My kneejerk reaction is to use
pyunit merely because it's hosted at SourceForge, but I'm not at all sure
that software should be blessed merely because of who hosts the CVS tree.

Is there any consensus, emerging or otherwise, as to which is more likely
to survive any putative consolidation efforts? Is either of them going to
be included in the core Python distribution? Are there any plans to include
any kind of regression testing framework into the standard distribution?

+Mitchell