[3rd Draft] Open Letter to CNRI: Request for clarification

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Mon Jul 31 07:40:45 EDT 2000

I just want to know if this is an open letter, like open for everybody
to sign and say "Yeah, damn straight! Time to come clean, CNRI!" or
something like that. Do I need to be a professor, doctor or a
self-proclaimed guru to be on that signature-list?

I'm concerned about this issue too, concerned about the
licence-troubles the open-source community seem to be having these
days, but especially troubled about the fact that stuff like this
slows down the development-cycle of Python. The longer it takes for a
beta to get into users hands the longer it takes before bugs are found
and removed. Longer time to wait for a stable release of Python 2.0.
And I cannot get my hands on that sweet baby quick enough!! :->

I won't be disappointed, ok probably a little bit, if you just want
serious, hard-core productive coders on your signature list, but as an
open commmunity, I'd like to express my opionon somehow too.

Some clarification before the clarification, pleez.

Thomas