Perl is worse!

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Sun Jul 30 20:49:07 EDT 2000

On 30 Jul 2000 21:25:10 GMT, Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>Then have your program catch your exceptions! That's one of the main
>reasons for the existence of the exception handling mechanism; to recover
>gracefully from the unexpected.

>It is possible to catch *all* exceptions, if you're worried about that.
>Or whole groups of exceptions, if you like. They're in a hierarchy.

    However I find that exceptions come up on the damnedest things, break you
out of loops, cause problems all around and don't let you return to where you
were, esp. when you use general catch all exceptions.  As Alex(?) said, you
don't return to where you were so, to me, it seems quite impossible to be able
to catch /all/ exceptions gracefully, ever.