Help! example DLL crashes Python on NT

Ed Stauff Ed_Stauff at avid.com
Sun Jul 30 20:04:42 EDT 2000

When I try to import the example DLL on Windows NT, I get an
"Application Error" dialog for python.exe (with the usual unreadable
hex junk), and then python quits after printing "Fatal Python error:
PyThreadState_Get: no current thread".  I typed "import example"
right after launching Python.

I've got Python 1.5.2 on Windows NT, and I'm using the python.exe
that came with it (I didn't rebuild it from sources).  I'm trying to
get the example DLL from /python/PC/example_nt to work using Visual
C++ 6.0, and I get this error using the example right out of the box,
without modification, as described in the readme.

Anybody knows what's going on?

I'm very experienced with Windows, C, C++, and Visual C++, but I'm a
Python and DLL newbie.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Ed