Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Fri Jul 28 23:30:44 EDT 2000

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 01:48:05 GMT, nobody at nowhere.nohow (Grant Edwards)
wrote:

>In article <f5m3osobae9i4cvna8k89ra8u3vi1me5k9 at 4ax.com>, Ben Wolfson wrote:
>
>>Any single element can't be "a single element or a sequence".  It can only
>>be a single element.
>
>I thing one could reasonably claim that a length-1 string is both a single
>element and a sequence of a single element.

Right--it's a sequence, and a single element.
I restated this elsewhere in the thread; what I meant was that any
arbitrary sequence can be viewed as a sequence or single entity, but any
arbitrary single entity cannot necessarily be viewed as a sequence.

I suspect I don't have the right vocabulary to express my thoughts here.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

SOYLENT COMMUNION IS JESUS!  JESUS!
 -- Lots42, in ark