Good online resource for learning about classic ( advanced ) datastructures ( OO )

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Fri Jul 28 10:10:16 EDT 2000

Hi,

Does anybody know of any good online resource for basic classical
datastructures, preferrably aimed at Python, or language independant?
It should be pretty step by step, basic, yet complete.

I want to learn more about how stuff like how different trees (
Black-Red, 1-2-3, AWL etc. ) , graphs are constructed, where and when
they're used etc.

I think a similar concept to what I'm after was laid out in the
"Datastructures and Algorithms in Java", but I cannot seem to get my
hands on that book. ( The last time I read it I had problems applying
the stuff to python too. But that's a long time ago so I might be more
productive now. Hopefully ;-> )

My main goal is that I want to learn how to get datastructures to
work, and why they work, when and how to use them. The foundation,
system behind the design.

( Do I make any sense at all ?? )

Thomas