Python plug-ins for Adobe Products available

Edward Jason Riedy ejr at lotus.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 29 23:15:47 EDT 2000

And Grant Munsey writes:
 - Adobe has opened an open source site at http://opensource.adobe.com.
[...]
 - The Adobe Open Source license is reasonably liberal.

While I'll grant that this is a good first step for Adobe, these
are simply add-ons for proprietary software.  The add-ons are
often available under moderate licenses.

Meanwhile, there are existing free software projects that could
use help.

The Gimp + Gimp-Python (instead of Photoshop):
  http://www.gimp.org/
  http://www.daa.com.au/~james/pygimp/

Sketch, which is implemented in Python (instead of Illustrator):
  http://sketch.sourceforge.net/

I'm not familiar with ``After Effects,'' but the description sounds
like an extension of Broadcast2000:
  http://heroinewarrior.com/bcast2000.html
AFAIK, there's no Python associated with that project.  Perhaps there
should be.  Integration with things like VTk (www.kitware.com) would
be nice.  VTk has a Python binding, but not a very nice one.

Jason