Find where you left off...

QuoteMstr qtmstr at optonline.net
Thu Jul 27 04:06:33 EDT 2000

In article <397F7BF5.F4A0138D at yahoo.com>, Paul Winkler wrote:
>A little trick I discovered today:
>when writing python in emacs, you can mark the spot where you
>stopped just by writing some arbitrary text like "start from here"
>or whatever. Next time you open this file in emacs, just do C-c C-c
>; python throws an exception and emacs jumps to the offending line.

That's a dangerous practice. Python doesn't catch all such errors when
the script executes. If you put the error inside a function that isn't
called except under special, rare circumstances, you won't notice
until you encounter it. Furthermore, if you forget about an error, it
will stay there, as a bug, until someone tries to execute the
offending piece of code.

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know
that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Einstein