Py_Apache Vs. mod_python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Jul 9 00:19:38 EDT 2000

Roland Mas <mas at echo.fr> wrote:

>Curtis Jensen (2000-07-05 17:13:13 -0700) :
>
>> What is the difference between Py_Apache and mod_python?
>
>There's mod_snake too, just to add to the confusion.

I'll say.  Am I correct in understanding that the basic purpose of
"mod_snake" is to allow me to write other Apache modules in Python, while
PyApache is a module which lets me run Python CGI scripts without launching
a separate interpreter, just like mod_perl?

I tried to get interested in PHP, but the more I read, the more it seemed
to be a confused mishmash of features gathered from other places.  I
thought it might be nice to be able to write web pages that were mostly
HTML, with server-side scripts interspersed, but it seems that many PHP
pages are written like CGI scripts that happen to run inside Apache.  As
long as I'm going to do that, I'd rather use Python.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.