Funding vs Python

aahz at netcom.com.bbs aahz at netcom.com.bbs
Sun Jul 16 23:00:11 EDT 2000

In article <8kt4rj$d4n$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
Andy Freeman  <anamax at earthlink.net> wrote:

>No good deed goes unpunished, so now I'm getting push back along the
>lines of "we can't get funded if it's in Python".  (Somehow, I don't
>think that using Perl would have produced the same reaction.)
>
>I've seen the list of web projects at python.org, so I'm wondering
>if there are others or if there really are examples of companies that
>didn't get funded because they used Python.

I don't know of any companies that didn't get funded due to use of
Python, but there are plenty of funded companies that *do* use Python.
(E.g., my company, http://www.searchbutton.com/)
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Let's go home and turn on MTV.  I want to watch some Pop-Up Videos."
"Pop-Up Videos is not on MTV, it's on VH-1."
"'MTV' is a generic."