Perl is worse! (was: Python is Wierd!)

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Mon Jul 31 10:37:47 EDT 2000

In article <3984E1F2.3C131999 at san.rr.com>, Courageous wrote:

>Well, golly, I dunno. What is it we're arguing about? :)

Nothing, apparently.  :)

>Anyway, I don't believe that, just because real objects behave
>that way means that it follows that python labels should have
>type tags. Which isn't to say that's what you were saying and
>all.... but, gosh, I thought you were....

No, but I think somebody else may have been.  I was arguing that having
allowable operations determined by the type of object was intuitive to
non-programmers since that's they way our interaction with real
physical-word objects work.

As opposed to the proposition that "data is data" and since it doesn't
really exist, it doesn't have any type, and any piece of data should be able
to be operated on by any operator or method.  Or something like that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My Aunt MAUREEN was
                                  at               a military advisor to IKE