openssl 0.9.5a and python 1.6a2

falk.lehmann at gmx.net falk.lehmann at gmx.net
Thu Jul 13 14:07:48 EDT 2000

I build python 1.6a2 and included the SSL support. I am using the
openssl library 0.9.5a on a NT box.

I tried to establish a SSL connection via a proxy using the following
lines of code:
import urllib
f = urllib.urlopen('https://ecardfile.com/')
print f.read()
f.close()
But the proxy replies with an error message:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Error</H1>
<BLOCKQUOTE><B>
<HR SIZE=4><P>
The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy.<P>
The certificate issuer for this server is not recognized by
Netscape. The security certificate may or may not be valid.

Netscape refuses to connect to this server.<P>

<HR SIZE=4>
</B></BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>
<ADDRESS>Proxy server at proxy on port 8080</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

It seems that some certificate is missing. How do I make openssl aware
of the certificates delivered with the distribution? Or is the error
somewhere else?

Any ideas?

Falk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/