zip or marry etc

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 03:27:05 EDT 2000

In article <8l5lne$lb$1 at slb0.atl.mindspring.net>, Aahz Maruch
<aahz at netcom.com> writes
>In article <3976371F.210C2C21 at uab.edu>, Shae Erisson  <shapr at uab.edu> wrote:
>>
>>I already have a function that does this in my handy shaetools module,
>>for me it will always be interleave.
>
>Oh, *that's* a good one.  All right, anyone else agree that "interleave"
>is the best suggestion we've had so far?

far too long and why not intersperse

I'm still not sure why this function can't be defined in python and the
name decision deferred. After all we've had this problem up to now with
for loops and no one has complained.

map(None, [1,2],[3,4]) --> [(1, 3), (2, 4)]

has worked for me up to now. These list comprehensions seem to be
driving this particular thread, so what do list comprehenders use?
--
Robin Becker