mysql module for python under windows

Stefan Franke spamfranke at bigfoot.de
Mon Jul 3 20:15:01 EDT 2000

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:32:13 GMT, ekw1 at my-deja.com wrote:

>Is there a Python MySQL module for use under Windows?  All the ones I
>come across on python.org are for Unix/Linux.  Thanks for any info.
>
>ekw
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Hmm, dunno where to download it separately, but check out

  ZMySQLDA-1.2.0.tar.gz

on the Zope site (www.zope.org). It contains MySQLdb-0.1.2 with
some Windows patches already applied. I run it sucessfully with
the lately GPLed MySQL-2.23.19 on Win98.

All you need to do is to edit Setup.in, adjust the paths to your
local MySQL installation, and run compile.py. If you don't have
Visual Studio, mail me personally and I'll send you the files.

No-warranties-of-course-ly y'rs
Stefan