Python in politics (sssssssssnake!)

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at philips.com
Mon Jul 31 03:03:17 EDT 2000

Moshe Zadka wrote:
[...snip...]
> "Thinking like a computer scientist in Python", available at
> http://yhslug.tux.org/obp/
> (follow the links)
> might be a bit too heavy for 9yr old, but should be a good place to start.
>
> It's under the  GPL, so you're welcome to fork a version suitable for
> younger kids, and share the changes with everyone.
> --
> Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
> There is no IGLU cabal.
> http://advogato.org/person/moshez

Books for children should immediately contain action, preferably audio
or images/video. My children (12 and 10 years) loose interest if there
is more than a few paragraphs of explaining text, especially when it is
dull theory.

Here in Holland we have a series of books by Addo Stuur, Programming for
children, Windows for children etcetera, which all follow the formula of
telling in detail how to do something followed by an exercise. My
children sometimes get bored by the completeness of detail Addo brings
in. Nevertheless his method gets children productive in a short amount
of time. Maybe we should send Addo Stuur a few Python books :-)
Gerrit Muller                Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Building:   WLp 1 17                    Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 27 45242               5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 2743741          The Netherlands
mailto:gerrit.muller at philips.com
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/index.html