Books

Egbert Bouwman egbert at bork.demon.nl
Mon Jul 3 11:17:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:05:06PM +0000, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I'm not sure how good Learning Python is at teaching OO concepts to people
> who don't know about it yet. *Python* would be good though. Any opinions?

The PizzaRobot in Learning Python gave me a better idea what OO in Python
is about, and what it can be used for, than anything else I have read so far.
But it didn't teach me OO. Either I have to do a lot of thinking and
experimenting myself, or I have to wait for a book with more ideas,
concepts, design etc, and not in the first place tricks and techniques.

Actually a great eye opener was the remark in this list a few days ago,
when someone said that you use classes when you have to combine
program and data, and functions when you have only program code.
Or something like that. For what is a program without data.
egbert
--
Egbert Bouwman - Keizersgracht 197 II - 1016 DS  Amsterdam - 020 6257991