CyberChair available

Richard van de Stadt stadt at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 12 10:15:12 EDT 2000

It didn't work for comp.lang.python.announce:

=====================
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at starship.beopen.com.

<clpa at python.net>:
=====================

So, here the announcement:

CyberChair, an online paper submission and reviewing system (for conferences and
workshops), which has been used for the European Conference on Object-Oriented
Programming (ECOOP) since its 1997 edition, and by some other conferences as well,
is now available under the GNU General Public License.

CyberChair was written in Python (http://www.python.org). At least version 1.5.1
is needed. Until recently I had not read anything else than the Python tutorial
and this newsgroup, so CyberChair may contain "silly" Python code which could be
improved. My colleague Fred Gansevles (who pointed me at Python 4 years ago - thanks:-)
helped me out with some problems.

To get CyberChair, visit http://www.cyberchair.org/requestUse.html, fill in the details
of your webserver and conference or workshop, and download the generated customized
version.

Before downloading, you may want to try the demo system, which has been installed
at the CyberChair homepage (http://www.cyberchair.org).

Cheers,

Richard van de Stadt