Can one have successfully install Python in SCO OS3 ?

Fanny Yeung fannyy at idmail.com
Thu Jul 20 00:39:19 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

I try to install python 1.5.2 in SCO OS3 system. My previous installation
experience in Linux is painless. But this
time when it try to link, it complains dlopen, dlerror, and any dl function
undefined. I check the README file and
reckon that will be something to do with dynamic link. But after I download
and 2 libraries (dl and dld ) and find
out one of the libraries does not support in SCO.
Anyone has any idea to solve this ? By working at the code, it seems I can
turn off the dynamic link. If I do that, does it
means I can only load library in compile time ?

Thanks