wxPython or wxWindows + Python?

Warren Postma embed at NOSPAM.geocities.com
Fri Jul 7 09:25:53 EDT 2000

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of embedding the Python interpreter in my wxWindows app, or
> else using wxPython to host my app.  I can think of various pros & cons.

If I was doing that, I would start in Python, because it's certainly better
to prototype in Python,
and then I would consider writing C extensions for the Python app as an
"accelerator" once a
well known function exists that you could boil down to C code.

The eventual third alternative is to do BOTH. Write your C++ app in
wxWindows, and also use wxPython.
I haven't tried this personally, but I suppose I'll end up doing something
like it if I ever have an application grow
large enough.

Warren