Python equivalent of CPAN in Perl

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Jul 16 00:56:41 EDT 2000

In article <397122FB.71E32674 at wl.vg>,
Peter Halliday  <peter at whetstonelogic.com> wrote:

>Is there a module or program like CPAN in Python that collects all the
>existing modules available in some  organized way, and even compiles it
>for you? If not, that would really provide python with a reliability and
>usefulness that Perl has.  We already beat them in the syntax hands
>down, let's start catching up in the modules dept.

We've got half of it with Vaults of Parnassus.  Another third will come
with the standardization of distutils in Python 2.0 (remember, 1.6 has
been renamed to 2.0).
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Let's go home and turn on MTV.  I want to watch some Pop-Up Videos."
"Pop-Up Videos is not on MTV, it's on VH-1."
"'MTV' is a generic."