iterating over lines in a file

Roger Upole rupole at compaq.net
Thu Jul 20 18:51:10 EDT 2000

I must take exception to your insistence that
   "Everything should be done ONCE, and only ONCE.  In ONE
   place in the code."
Besides sounding didactic, it is also completely false.  In many cases,
an initial read is necessary to determine how (or even if) the rest of a
file will be processed.  Also, different code may need to be called if
the file is empty.
Additionally, this overly simplistic programming style would be completely
inadequate for most involved programming tasks.
              Roger Upole

news:8l73an01lgb at news2.newsguy.com...