Python 3000

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Jul 27 07:03:01 EDT 2000

effbot at pythonware.com wrote:
> Aahz Maruch wrote:
>> Yes, I know about the soap opera.  The fact remains that 1.6
>> will almost certainly never be a released chunk of code -- it
>> never had a beta!

> looks like you've missed the last episode.

> according to plans, 1.6 beta 1 will be released in
> about a week.  for more info, see PEP-160:

>    http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/

What a mess. So that was why I didn't watch soap operas. :)

It'd be useful for the community if there were some document out there
that described what the heck is going on, and why. Once all of this becomes
a bit more clear for the parties involved, that is.

It keeps changing and it makes people worried. At least it makes me
worried.

Regards,

Martijn