clipboard

richard_chamberlain richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 11 19:06:53 EDT 2000

Hi Keith,

ignore me I misread your question (my wife and I have just had a baby and I
was rather tired).

I presume that you want to paste or copy into or out of a entry or text,
these widgets already have copy and paste keystrokes assigned to them (at
least they do on windows). So I can do Control-c and that copies it into the
clipboard and Control-p pastes it. so:

from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
text=Text(root)
text.pack()
root.clipboard_clear()
root.clipboard_append('python rules!')
def paste(event):
    text.event_generate('<Control-v>')
text.bind('<FocusIn>',paste)
root.mainloop()

In this example we append your 'python rules!' to the clipboard and then
wait until the text control gets the focus and then we generate a
<Control-v> event to paste the contents in.

Richard

news:8kfbd7$kpc$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...