Using proxy

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Wed Jul 12 02:07:53 EDT 2000

It would appear from looking at /usr/lib/python1.5/urllib.py
that you merely need to set an environment variable.
<scheme>_proxy=XXX
I don't know exactly what these should be but here is the
relevant code snippets from urllib.py in python-1.52.
	-pehr

class URLopener:

    __tempfiles = None

    # Constructor
    def __init__(self, proxies=None):
        if proxies is None:
            proxies = getproxies()

  def getproxies():
        """Return a dictionary of scheme -> proxy server URL mappings.

        Scan the environment for variables named <scheme>_proxy;
        this seems to be the standard convention.  If you need a
        different way, you can pass a proxies dictionary to the
        [Fancy]URLopener constructor.

        """
        proxies = {}
        for name, value in os.environ.items():