PIL and JPEG

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Thu Jul 27 11:38:15 EDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Anders M Eriksson wrote:

> I realize that PIL thinks that I haven't linked in the JPEG library,
> which I have!! All the compiling and linking is working OK == no
> errors.

Anders,

I had this same problem... Basically, you need to make sure that when
you run configure in the libImaging directory, it detects the jpeg
library...

you may need to use ./configure --with-jpeg=/some/directory/lib

There's only one line in configure's output about jpegs.. it either
answers yes or no.. if it ends in no, your jpeg library wasn't
detected..

If it's not detected, a symbol gets defined that prevents the
compiler from even trying to include the JPEG stuff, which means
there won't be any errors.

Cheers,

- Michal